Saturday, March 22, 2008

So Zoho

When it comes to some real practical utility for your actual data, none can beat Zoho. I particularly use their Zoho Creator and ZohoProjects. I store my lists and spreadsheets in Zoho Creator and then I use AJAX to display those data into my websites. As an example, I use it for my "green tips" on iBlackle.com. Notice the short messages appearing below the logo. My data (personally-compiled 'green' tips) resides in Zoho Creator but I can utilize them as a sort of widget for my website, being delivered in JSON format via an API. The only setback is that at least twice a month I have to renew a "ticket" to get it working. Not bad for a free service ,though.
They have so many other services that I don't even have time to try them all. You name it - CRM, Word Processor, etc.
But for my managing all my projects in the clouds, I use the free plan of ZohoProjects. You gotta be a little creative with making much out of an alloted 1 project - by subdividing your groupings as task lists. With several blogs and websites in the works, how else would I manage such a monstrosity? What will I do without Zoho? It's so Zoho!

No comments: